Last revised June 19, 2018
- Children Under the Age of 13
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
How We Use Your Information
Disclosure of Your Information
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Data Protection Rights
- Information You Provide to Us
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
2. Children Under the Age of 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
3. Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect certain types of information from and about users of our Website when you visit and interact with the Website, including when you place an order, create an account, check out as a guest, join our mailing list, contact us (via email, telephone, or otherwise), respond to a survey or questionnaire, or enter a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion sponsored by us. You may provide information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, telephone number, and credit card number and expiration date or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- such as IP address, operating system, browser type and language, date and time of your visit, ISP, referring URL, Website pages most frequently accessed, search terms entered, your geographic region, industry, the type of content you view; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
Information You Provide to Us
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Information available in your social network or social media profile, if you choose to link your account with third-party social networking sites, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter or with other social media applications or plug-ins.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Should you consent to this practice, your User Contributions will be posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by other users of our Website should you choose to share these.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, with your consent, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties with your consent. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies.Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Section 6 Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
4. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it, with your consent.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information, with your consent.
- For any other purpose, with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you with your consent. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may use the link to the unsubscribe mechanism that will be inserted in the message you will receive from us and you can also contact us. Please be aware that even if you have opted-out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes, such as customer service or product information. We may also need to contact you via email with questions or information regarding your order, such as order status, shipment or invoicing. We will comply with any opt-out request within 10 days. For more information, see Section 6 Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
5. Disclosure of Your Information
We may in limited circumstances disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Thule Canada, Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Thule Canada, Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information with your consent.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Thule Canada, Inc., our customers, or others.
6. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. We may with your express or implied consent, send you information to promote our products or services. If you do not wish to have your information used by the Company to promote our products or services, you can unsubscribe through the unsubscribe mechanism that will be found in the message to be sent to you. You may also submit an opt-out request through our contact us page or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
7. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
8. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like comment or review sections. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
9. Data Protection Rights
You have the right to request access to the personal data which Thule Group processes about you. Moreover, you have the right to request that incorrect or incomplete personal data is corrected. You also have the right to, at any time, withdraw your consent to Thule Group's processing of your personal data, with future effect.
You also have, to the extent applicable data protection legislation provides, a right to object to certain processing of personal data, a right to request restriction of the processing of your personal data, and a right to data portability. The right to data portability covers such personal data which Thule Group processes based on an agreement between you and Thule Group or based on your consent, and which you have provided, i.e. name, email, phone number, country, products bought and registered, serial numbers, purchase date and point of purchase. If you have any questions or concerns regarding Thule Group's processing of your personal data, please contact email@example.com. Naturally, you also have the right, should you wish, to lodge a complaint with the national data protection authority.
11. Contact Information
or via our toll-free number: